In beauty

Applying base coat and top coat does it make a difference?

The simple answer is yes! Although I feel like it takes forever to apply all three coats. I use the LA colours base coat and the Essie good to go top coat.


Although my LA colours is a base coat and top coat I use it mainly as a basecoat. It doesn't take long to dry and the coloured nail polish applies really easily on top of it. 

I am not sure what I do in my everyday life that causes me to chip my nails almost instantly when I don't wear a base and top coat. Write a few blog posts, eat breakfast and put the dishes in the dishwasher. Hardly any movement so I am baffled as to why they chip so easily. They still chip with the base and top coat, but not instantly. 

I would take a picture of my chipped nails, but I cannot face posting them up on my blog as I really think they look ugly. Here is my nails painted with my favourite Ciate candy floss nail polish with my top and base coat applied. 



I have heard that sechetveit is a really good brand and their top coat dries within seconds and you don't have to hang around waiting for your nails to dry. Wish this was the case with the Essie good to go top coat. 

Do you have top and base coat problems? Do chipped nails annoy you? 

Related Articles

4 comments:

  1. I've always used base and top coat from OPI, can't do without both. Base coat also protect my nails from turning yellowish from constant nail polish applications and top coat, well as you said, it prolongs the nail polish. I've tried Seche Vite but it's a hit and miss for me. Yes, it's glossy, dries fast but application can sometimes be tricky. I have my nail polish 'shrinking' a couple of times due to Seche Vite.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's nail polish shrinking? I've never had that before? I am just so impatient to wait for all the costs to dry. Maybe one day I will venture into the world of shellac, have you ever tried that?

      X

      Delete
  2. I'm honestly too lazy for all of that. I use a clear polish as my base and top coat ;)

    Arianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too but I wanted my nails to look nice
      X

      Delete